Ajay Goel is the founder of GMass, a tool that overlays onto Gmail and allows you to send mass mail merge email campaigns—helping you reach more people with your outreach campaigns. Today, the company is generating more than $100,000/mo in recurring revenue and has more than 6,000 plus paying customers.
Some questions I ask:
- How did you come up with the idea for GMass?
- Did you develop and build GMass?
- How did you get your first customer?
- What were you charging in the beginning?
- How do you turn free users into paying customers?
- What were the biggest lessons when going from 0 to $115k in monthly revenue?
Things we talk about:
- Picking the right business idea
- Endless possibilities with Google API
- Promoting with Reddit, HackerNews and ProductHunt
- Giving your company with personal branding
- How to make content marketing work for your business