Jesse Patel is the cofounder of WorkFlowy, a simple organizational tool that helps you create lists to stay on top of your daily tasks. WorkFlowy has more than 200,000 active users and it’s bringing in close to $1,000,000 a year in revenue.
We covered a lot in this interview, including challenges with his cofounder Mike, competing with the giants and staying productive day-to-day.
Some questions I ask:
- Why did you decide to build WorkFlowy in the first place?
- How much attention do you pay to copycats and your competition?
- Is it sensible to start a company without a co-founder?
- What’s the recipe for a good cofounder relationship?
- Tell me how does your typical workday look like?
Things we talk about:
- Biggest lessons from being at Y Combinator
- Ditching an idea to work on WorkFlowy
- Going from 0 to 200,000 monthly active users
- Why most internet businesses fail and never get traction
- Productivity and getting stuff done
Links & resources mentioned in the episode
This podcast episode was produced by Oscar Hamilton.